Cryotherapy involves exposing the body to ultra-cold temperatures during whole-body treatment, which can trigger physiological hormonal responses. This includes the release of adrenaline, noradrenaline, and endorphins, which can have a positive effect on those experiencing mood disorders.
Whole-body cryotherapy involves the patient standing in a specialized tank, known as a cryosauna, where they are exposed to sub-zero temperatures for a specified period (usually between 90 seconds to 3 minutes). The cryosauna is filled with a cool, dry mist generated by liquid nitrogen, which lowers the body's skin temperature to approximately 10 degrees Celsius.
How will I feel after a Whole Body Cryotherapy session? When the session is complete, your skin will return to its normal temperature within minutes. Immediately after you may feel a slight tingling sensation, but within minutes you will likely feel relaxed and muscular pain generally begins to subside immediately.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
OUR GOALS FOR YOU
Are soreness and stiffness preventing you from enjoying your life?
- What is massage therapy?
- What to expect on first massage?
- What is a RMT?
- What the benefits of massage therapy?
- What conditions does massage treat?
What is massage therapy?
Massage therapy can be used as a treatment for both acute and chronic conditions. RMTs work with a wide variety of patients in the treatment of illness, injury rehabilitation and disability.
What to expect on first massage therapy visit?
Your treatment will begin once you have given your informed consent. This involves setting realistic goals for treatment, discussing possible responses to treatment, and being informed of alternative care options.
What is a RMT?
- A Registered Massage Therapist:
- Is registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO)
- Has completed competency-based education at a recognized school of massage therapy
- Has successfully completed examinations to ensure that they have the necessary competencies safely and effectively offer massage therapy care
- Maintains their registration by participating in continuing education and a quality assurance program to ensure they maintain their high professional standards and quality of care
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
Massage therapy can be an important part of your health maintenance plan by:
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving lymphatic drainage
- Reducing muscular tension
- Massage therapy can treat both acute and chronic conditions. RMTs work with a wide variety of patients in the treatment of illness, injury, rehabilitation and disability.
What conditions does massage treat?
- Anxiety and Depression
- Asthma and Emphysema
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Tension and Spasm
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and Labor Support
- Sports Injuries
- Strains and Sprains
- Stress and Stress-Related Conditions