Pelvic Health Physiotherapists have post-graduate education and specialized certification to qualify for their distinction, which is registered with the College of Physiotherapists.
Your Pelvic Health Physiotherapist will assess and treat conditions related to the muscles, fascia, ligaments and nerves in the pelvis. Pelvic Health Physiotherapy involves regaining optimal function of your pelvic floor and pelvic region, achieving healthy bladder and bowel control, ideal muscle strength and pelvic organ support, and pain free (sexual) function. Treatment may include:
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Strengthen and Restore Muscle Length
- Muscle Strengthening Exercises with Manual Facilitation
- Trigger Point Release
- Condition Diastasis Function
- Mobilization Joints of the Lumbar Spine, Coccyx and Hips
- Home Care Program / Education
- Biofeedback and Electro Stimulation (pain free)
Our pelvic floor physiotherapists have trained developed an advanced expertise in this field. Remember, this can affect both women and men. For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our pelvic floor physiotherapists.